Hotel Hill was built on the spot formerly occupied by an old two-story log cabin, built by John Kelley (Oct. 28, 1828--July 21, 1889), one of the town's early settlers, who owned the farmlands upon which most of Oak Hill's (west-end) business district was later developed.
|Former "Hotel Hill" building on Main Street in Oak Hill, West Virginia|
 Beckley Post Herald, Shirley Donnelly, "Hotels of Note", Dec. 23, 1977
 Beckley Post Herald, Shirley Donnelly, "Sage of C.T. Jones of Oak Hill -- Part III", Aug. 21, 1964